Last Thursday and Friday, CENTRECO hosted a delegation from Business France*, the national agency responsible for promoting the appeal and economic image of France and its companies to potential foreign investors. As regional correspondent, CENTRECO acted as their guide on a journey of discovery across the Centre-Loire Valley Region, better acquainting them with its many economic advantages with a view to persuading them to “prescribe” the Region.
In collaboration with the 4 départemental economic agencies (ADEI for Indre, Ad2T for Cher, Loire&Orléans for Loiret and CODEL for Eure-et-Loir), they were treated to close-ups on the Region’s leading activity sectors (aeronautics, logistics and pharmaceuticals) along with visits to emblematic and/or foreign companies that had chosen the Centre-Loire Valley Region to carry out their development projects:
- Visit to the airport facilities at Châteauroux-Marcel Dassault Industrial Airport (Indre department)
- Reception by and visit to the Belgian company RECTICEL, which specialises in insulation materials and located in Bourges (Cher department) since 2013
- Visit to the French DERET Group’s logistics platform in Saran (Loiret department)
- Visit to the American manufacturer of medical devices NYPRO’s site in Fontenay-sur-Eure (Eure-et-Loir department)
- and to the Danish pharmaceutical company NOVO NORDISK in Chartres (Eure-et-Loir department). The POLEPHARMA industrial pharmaceutical cluster was also presented.
* Business France was set up on 1 January 2015, a result of the UBIFRANCE / AFII merger.