> Sciences of Beauty and Wellbeing
> 300 companies
> 8,600 researchers
> 136 training establishments
Created in 1994 on the initiative of Jean-Paul Guerlain, COSMETIC VALLEY is one of the most dynamic competitive clusters – the world’s first cluster entirely devoted to the perfumery and cosmetics sector.
A single ambition : to create the most innovative, effective and reliable cosmetic products.
1 place de la Cathédrale
Tel: +33 (0)2 37 21 12 11
Cosmetic Valley encompasses the full range of know-how required by the perfumery and cosmetics industry, from cultivation of aromatic plants to dispatch of products on to the international market:
- Cultivation of aromatic plants, aromatic raw materials, and non-aromatic raw materials (chemistry, oleochemistry and green chemistry)
- Formulation (research, testing and analysis)
- Manufacture (engineering, specialised machinery, production lines and quality control)
- Design, plastic injection, primary packaging (glass bottles, pots, sprays, etc.), secondary packaging (boxes, labels, serigraphy, etc.) and packing
- Distribution and logistics.
Dior, Guerlain, Paco Rabanne, Gemey-Maybelline, YSL, Shiseido, Lancaster, Adonis Groupe, Alban Muller…
LVMH, CNRS, INSERM, INRA, IRD, etc.
IFOCA (national institute for professional training and education in the rubber industry), the Universities of Orleans, Tours, Nantes, Clermont-Ferrand, Maine and Paris VI, ENSCP (Paris), ENSAM, ESCOM, SUPMECA, etc.
65 projects have been validated by the cluster since July 2005, involving companies and research laboratories and representing almost 110 million euros in investments.